Joshua Buatsi And Jean Pascal Agree To Enter Title Eliminator Talks

According to the reports of, the representatives of Joshua Buatsi (16-0, 13 KOs) and Jean Pascal (36-6-1, 20KOs) have accepted the IBF invitation to enter talks for the sanctioned final eliminator.

Both parties have until August 1 at 5pm to respond with with their intentions to proceed with the fight. After this, the IBF will assign a free negotiation period to deal with the terms. The winner of this eliminator will become the IBF mandatory challenger against lineal and unified light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev (18-0, 18 KOs).

Both the parties will have time until August 11 to avoid a purse bid hearing. If it goes to the purse bid, Buatsi will be handed 60% of the winning bid as he is the high ranked challenger. The remaining 40% will go in the direction of Pascal due to the lower rank.

Currently, Gilberto ‘Zurdo’ Ramirez (44-0, 30 KOs) is the top-ranked contender with the WBA and is in talks for a chance to compete against WBA light heavyweight titlist Dmitry Bivol (20-0, 11KOs). It must be noted that Buatsi was initially in line to lock horns against Bivol before WBA stepped up to order its mandatory title fight.

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

buy ivermectin for humans ivermectin for sale