Joshua Buatsi Vs. Jean Pascal Sent To Purse Bid Hearing

Joshua Buatsi and Jean Pascal will be entering the ring together, but not many details have been released yet.

The IBF is ordering a purse bid hearing for the bout.

The IBF letter, sent to all registered promoters, reads:

“On July 22, 2022, the IBF ordered Joshua Buatsi and Jean Pascal to begin negotiations for the IBF Light Heavyweight Eliminator For # 1.”

The hearing is planned to take place on August 30, the bids being submitted by 11:45 EST and opened midday.

Before the purse bid hearing, Buatsi (16-0, 13 KOs) also discussed a potential bout against WBA champion Dmitry Bivol.

The sanctioning body later ordered a purse bid hearing for Dmitry Bivol and Gilberto Ramirez.

Rumors that have made their way around have stated that Matchroom might be able to combine both the Buatsi-Pascal and Bivol-Ramirez might be combined on a show in Dubai at the end of this year.

Buatsi will get 60 percent of the winning bid and the remaining 40 percent will go to Pascal as the No. 6 ranked contender. Pascal received the assignment because Anthony Yarde, the fourth-ranked contender and Ramirez were unavailable.

Yarde (22-2, 21 KOs), is the WBO mandatory challenger to Artur Beterbiev (18-0, 18 KOs). They were supposed to meet on October 29 or in early November in London, but Beterbiev sustained an injury, forcing a postponement.

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More