Joshua, Canelo, Paul Lead DAZN Viewership
On Tuesday morning, DAZN announced that Anthony Joshua and Andy Ruiz’ rematch was the most streamed fight on the platform in 2019.
The event from Saudi Arabia was watched the most out of any other offering by the streaming service in 2019 in the nine countries they’re available in.
While there were no numbers attached to the announcement, Canelo Alvarez made up half of the four fight cards on the top ten list, while Jake Paul’s pro debut against KSI joined the aforementioned fights
The KSI-Paul fight came in higher than Alvarez’ first fight of 2019, a unanimous decision victory over Daniel Jacobs, while Alvarez’ debut at light heavyweight was the fourth most-watched event of last year.
While Joshua’s rematch with Ruiz topped the list, Joshua’s first pro loss to Ruiz Jr inside Madison Square Garden failed to make the list, with the remainder of the top ten featuring games from the UEFA Champions League.
DAZN’s list is based on total viewership in each of the nine markets within which it is available. Those markets include Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States.
Below is the list of DAZN’s most-watched sporting events of 2019:
1. Anthony Joshua-Andy Ruiz Jr. II (December 7)
2. UEFA Champions League: Tottenham vs. Liverpool (June 1)
3. UEFA Champions League: Liverpool vs. Barcelona (May 7)
4. Canelo Alvarez-Sergey Kovalev (November 2)
5. KSI vs. Logan Paul II (November 9)
6. UEFA Champions League: Tottenham vs. Bayern Munich (October 1)
7. Serie A: Milan vs. Internazionale (September 21)
8. UEFA Champions League: Ajax vs. Tottenham (May 8)
9. UEFA Champions League: Barcelona vs. Liverpool (May 1)
10. Canelo Alvarez-Daniel Jacobs (May 4)