Julianna Pena Vs. Amanda Nunes Rematch Set For UFC 277
Fans have to wait a little longer to see Julianna Pena and Amanda Nunes back in the octagon against one another.
Pena will attempt to upset Nunes a second time while Nunes looks to get her revenge. The two will meet again in the UFC 277 main event on July 30, the UFC announced on Saturday. The event will take place at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas.
Pena recorded a monumental win – which is arguably one of the greatest upsets in UFC history – at UFC 269 in December when she submitted Nunes in the second round.
Pena, the UFC women’s bantamweight champion, immediately offered Nunes, the No. 1 ranked UFC women’s bantamweight, a rematch. Their rematch was announced following the two coaching on Season 30 of “The Ultimate Fighter.”
Before defeating Nunes, Pena had a notable win over Cat Zingano, but lost the Valentina Shevchenko in her next fight.
For Nunes, she had five successful bantamweight title defenses before Pena snapped the streak. Nunes won the bantamweight title in July 2016 after submitting Miesha Tate in the first round.
Here’s the projected fight card for UFC 277:
- Julianna Peña vs. Amanda Nunes – for women’s bantamweight title
- Brandon Moreno vs. Kai Kara-France – for interim flyweight title
- Derrick Lewis vs. Sergei Pavlovich
- Paulo Costa vs. Luke Rockhold
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Anthony Smith
- Don’Tale Mayes vs. Justin Tafa
- Rafael Alves vs. Drew Dober
- Diego Ferreira vs. Drakkar Klose
- Ramiz Brahimaj vs. Michael Morales
- Mariya Agapova vs. Ji Yeon Kim
- Nicolae Negumereanu vs. Ihor Potieria
- Ignacio Bahamondes vs. Ludovit Klein