Junior Dos Santos Suffers Shoulder Injury, TKO Loss Vs. Yorgan De Castro
Junior Dos Santos’ MMA return didn’t go as some may have hoped.
Dos Santos was in route to his first win in three years, but it was cut short after he was unable able to continue due to an injury. The bout was stopped at 0:35 in the third round; Yorgan De Castro was declared the winner by TKO.
Eagle FC 47 main event ends after Junior dos Santos dislocates his shoulder pic.twitter.com/DMRhp1j84D
— Eagle FC (@EagleFightClub) May 21, 2022
Dos Santos suffered a shoulder injury, and couldn’t continue the fight.
De Castro fought well and earned the most valuable victory of his career.
EFC owner and promoter Khabib Nurmagomedov expressed interest in a cross-promotional fight between Dos Santos and Bellator star Fedor Emelianenko, but those plans have been postponed due to Dos Santos’ loss.
Hector Lombard, a UFC Veteran, fought against Thiago Silva in the co-main event.
Lombard dropped Silva in the very first round, but Silva managed to survive. Lombard was gassed out in the first round, and it was hard to name a favorite, but in the second round, Silva landed an illegal knee, and Lombard couldn’t continue the fight, so the fight ended up as a no contest.
Maki Pitolo earned an amazing knockout against Douglas Usher in the very first round.
It took 30 seconds for the former UFC fighter to earn the knockout. Pitolo suffered several losses in the UFC, but he was always technical and was landing great combinations; in this promotion, he showed that he displayed his knockout power.
Check out the rest of the results below:
- Yorgan De Castro def Junior dos Santos KO/TKO, 0:35 R3
- Hector Lombard vs. Thiago Silva Ends in a No Contest
- Maki Pitolo def Doug Usher KO/TKO, 0:30 R1
- Andrew Sanchez def Gabriel Checco Unanimous Dec
- Akhmed Aliev def Darrell Horcher KO/TKO, 0:30 R1
- Islam Mamedov def Zach Zane Sub, 1:50 R1
- Ronny Markes def Reggie Peña KO/TKO, 1:21 R2
- Roosevelt Roberts def A. de Almeida Unanimous Dec
- Paulo Silva def Sean Soriano Split Dec
- Adi Alić def Shawn Bunch Unanimous Dec
- Dylan Mantello def Dennis Hughes KO/TKO, 5:00 R2