Justin Gaethje and Rafael Fiziev is being finalized for London.
Gaethje, one of the best strikers with brutal hooks and low kicks, will fight Fiziev, the master of Thai Boxing, in the co-main event of UFC 286 on March 18.
Gaethje did not fight after suffering defeat in another title fight for the UFC lightweight title. He lost to Charles Oliveira by first-round submission.
Gaethje last won against Chandler, also known as Mr. Bellator, who is one of the ruthless fighters of the division. Chandler fought closely in the beginning, but Gaethje destroyed him in the late round.
Fiziev, on the other hand, is arguably overlooked.
He is on a six-fight winning streak in the UFC and earned three brutal knockout victories. he earned some credits in the UFC after defeating British fighter Marc Diakiese via UD but in a very spectacular fight. After that, he knocked out experienced Brazilian fighter Renato Carneiro.
After defeating Bobby Green in striking and knocking out Brad Riddell, he earned his first-ever main event and served 5th round KO loss to former champion RDA.
The event’s headlining will be a massive trilogy battle between local Leon Edwards and former champion Kamaru Usman.
On the same card, we will also witness the middleweight clash between newly raised Georgian star Roman Dolidze and experienced former title challenger Marvin Vettori.
Check out the rest of the card down below:
- Leon Edwards vs. Kamaru Usman 170 lbs
- Justin Gaethje vs. Rafael Fiziev 155 lbs
- Marvin Vettori vs. Roman Dolidze 185 lbs
- Gunnar Nelson vs. Daniel Rodriguez 170 lbs
- Joanne Wood vs. Luana Carolina 125 lbs
- Jake Hadley vs. Malcolm Gordon 125 lbs
- Jennifer Maia vs. Casey O’Neill 125 lbs
- Jai Herbert vs. Ľudovít Klein 155 lbs
- Lerone Murphy vs. Nathaniel Wood 145 lbs
- Veronica Macedo vs. Juliana Miller 125 lbs
- Muhammad Mokaev vs. Jafel Filho 125 lbs