Kayla Harrison Aims For Second PFL Championship, Claressa Shields Featured On Main Card
Two of the most admirable female fighters will be in the limelight on October 27 at the 2021 PFL Championship.
MMA star Kayla Harrison (11-0) is seeking her second PFL championship in a main event against underdog Taylor Guardado (3-1) while boxing world champion Claressa Shields (1-0) will compete in her second MMA fight against Abigail Montes on the main card.
Kayla Harrison Will Stay At PFL On One Condition
Claressa Shields Is Returning To Boxing Soon
Claressa Shields To Face Abigail Montes In Second Pro MMA Fight
Harrison is one of the most dominant female fighters in modern MMA. She debuted in the sport in 2018 and is a previous two-time Olympic champion in judo.
Shields is also an Olympic gold medalist. She won in her MMA debut against Brittney Elin via TKO in June. In boxing, she won via unanimous decision over Marie Eve Dicaire for the female super welterweight title belt and looks to be back in the ring by December.
Here’s the full card and information for the PFL Championship:
MAIN CARD (ESPN2, ESPN+, 6 p.m. ET)
- Taylor Guardado vs. Kayla Harrison – women’s lightweight final
- Ray Cooper III vs. Magomed Magomedkerimov – welterweight final
- Abigail Montes vs. Claressa Shields
- Bruno Cappelozza vs. Ante Delija – heavyweight final
- Movlid Khaybulaev vs. Chris Wade – featherweight final
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 4:30 p.m. ET)
- Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Marthin Hamlet – light heavyweight final
- Omari Akhmedov vs. Jordan Young
- Raush Manfio vs. Loik Radzhabov – lightweight final
- Don Madge vs. Nathan Williams