Kayla Harrison Still Assessing Her Next Move, PFL Talks On Hold
MMA promotions who are still looking to welcome Kayla Harrison into their promotion might not be out of the game after all.
MMA journalist Ariel Helwani revealed that Harrison and the PFL have hit a roadblock in their talks of resigning her to the promotion. Less than an hour before Helwani’s report, Harrison posted a cryptic tweet.
“Talks between Kayla Harrison and the PFL have hit a snag at the 11th hour, I’m told,” Helwani tweeted.
“They aren’t dead but roadblocks have materialized. She is now assessing her next move and nothing is being ruled out.”
Talks between Kayla Harrison and the PFL have hit a snag at the 11th hour, I’m told.
They aren’t dead but road blocks have materialized. She is now assessing her next move and nothing is being ruled out.
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) February 10, 2022
“Change of plans?” Harrison tweeted before the report.
Change of plans?
— Kayla Harrison (@KaylaH) February 10, 2022
Harrison has been shopping for a new promotion since September when she defeated Taylor Guardado for her second consecutive PFL title.
Since then, Harrison has made a public appearance at a Bellator event and has traded public comments with Bellator champion Cris Cyborg, but also UFC fighters like Miesha Tate.
At first, UFC President Dana White didn’t seem too interested in Harrison, a two-time Olympic gold medalist in judo, but as talks progressed with Bellator, White expressed the UFC’s interest.
White was planning on a mega fight between Amanda Nunes and Harrison, but after Nunes’ historic defeat to Julianna Pena, White admitted that fight was killed off.
Harrison has spent her entire MMA career in the PFL 155-pound lightweight division.