Kevin Holland And Kyle Daukaus Will Rematch at UFC Fight Night 197
The UFC decided to schedule a rematch between Kevin Holland and Kyle Daukaus after an accidental head clash ended their Saturday matchup in a draw.
The rematch between these two athletes will take place at UFC Fight Night 197 on November 13 at UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada.
“I never thought about a No Contest,” Holland said in the post-fight press conference.
“I am not that kind of a person. If this was a street fight, he’d had got the job done. Kung Fu first, defend yourself at all times, I didn’t defend myself from the headbutt, that’s my fault.”
Holland (21-7, 1NC) and Daukaus (10-2, 1NC) first met each other at UFC Fight Night 193 on October 2, but Holland was hurt due to the accidental head clash. Daukaus finished him via submission after that.
The referee Dan Miragliotta discussed this case, and decided not to give Daukaus victory, ending the fight in a No Contest.
Before the accidental head clash, it was clear Holland worked hard on his wrestling. He defended himself well from Daukaus’s takedowns before the head clash.
After earning five victories in 2020, Holland suffered two losses against Marvin Vettori and Derek Brunson. Both fighters defeated Holland using their wrestling skills.
The headlining of the UFC Fight Night 197 will be a featherweight top contenders’ battle between Max Holloway and Yair Rodriguez.
Here’s the rest of the projected card:
- Max Holloway vs. Yair Rodriguez 145 lbs
- Philipe Lins vs. Ovince St. Preux 205 lbs
- Ben Rothwell vs. M. Rogério de Lima 265 lbs
- Kevin Holland vs. Kyle Daukaus 185 lbs
- Lando Vannata vs. Tucker Lutz 145 lbs
- Jessica Eye vs. Andrea Lee 125 lbs
- Felicia Spencer vs. Leah Letson 145 lbs
- Sean Woodson vs. Collin Anglin 145 lbs
- Eryk Anders vs. Roman Dolidze 185 lbs
- Danilo Marques vs. Jailton Almeida 205 lbs
- Cortney Casey vs. Liana Jojua 125 lbs
- Yadong Song vs. Julio Arce 135 lbs
- Thiago Moisés vs. Joel Alvarez 155 lbs