Kevin Holland Vs. Daniel Rodriguez Added To UFC 279 In September
Kevin Holland is back for his third fight of the year.
Holland will reportedly be facing Daniel Rodriguez in a welterweight bout at UFC 279 on September 10 in Las Vegas.
Although there has not been an official announcement made, Holland took to Instagram for his own personal announcement of the fight.
View this post on Instagram
The two fighters were scheduled to meet in 2020, but due to Holland suffering a shoulder injury, that did not happen.
In his last fight in June, Holland left the ring victorious after a second-round submission win against Tim Means. He is on a two-fight winning streak. Holland has been a prominent member of the UFC since 2018.
— ESPN MMA (@espnmma) June 19, 2022
For Rodriguez, he is on a 6-0 winning streak.
He beat Kevin Lee a year ago at UFC Vegas 35, winning by unanimous decision. He also has wins over Preston Parsons, Mike Perry, Gabriel Green, Dwight Grant and Means.
Check out the projected card for UFC 279:
- Khamzat Chimaev vs. Nate Diaz
- Tony Ferguson vs. Li Jingliang
- Kevin Holland vs. Daniel Rodriguez
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Jailton Almeida
- Norma Dumont vs. Danyelle Wolf
- Irene Aldana vs. Macy Chiasson
- Denis Tiuliulin vs. Jamie Pickett
- Heili Alateng vs. Chad Anheliger
- Melissa Martinez vs. Elise Reed
- Ion Cutelaba vs. Johnny Walker
- Chris Barnett vs. Jake Collier
- Hakeem Dawodu vs. Julian Erosa
- Yohan Lainesse vs. Darian Weeks