Makwan Amirkhani Seeking New Opponent For UFC 267
Tristan Connelly is out from his matchup against Makwan Amirkhani.
Amirkhani wrote on Instagram that his rival is out from their clash, which was supposed to be held at UFC 267, because of unknown reasons. UFC 267 is going to take place in Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, on October 30.
The post has since been deleted.
“Yes he is out. It’s a sad story cause it would have been a great matchup between me and Tristan. He said in a interview that he is not expecting that same Makwan what we have been seeing in my last fights,” Amirkhani said.
“We will see a hungry Amirkhani. Tristan you where right on that one brother and now I’m even more hungrier! I’m the flow. 30.10.2021 #ufc.”
It looks like their contest will not be delayed, so the promotion is looking for a replacement fighter for the matchup.
Amirkhani (16-6 MMA, 6-4 UFC) has been a member of the UFC since 2015.
Experts considered him as one of the most talented fighters with Brazilian jiu-jitsu skills. He won five out of his six contests, and the only defeat was against Arnold Allen via split decision.
After that, he suffered three defeats against Shane Burgos, Edson Barboza and Kamuela Kirk.
He is on his two-losing streak, but says he’s hungry to get in the win column on October 30.
Connelly (14-7 MMA, 1-1 UFC), a Canadian fighter, has also suffered a loss in his last contest.
He made his UFC debut against experienced fighter Michael Pereira in 170 pounds. He suffered a loss in his second bout, which was held in 145, and this battle was also scheduled in the featherweight division.
The headlining of UFC 267 is going to be a light heavyweight title clash between Polish star Jan Blachowicz and Brazilian Glover Teixeira. There will be another highly anticipated title bout as the co-main event features a rematch between Aljamain Sterling and Petr Yan.
Here are the rest of the cards:
- Jan Błachowicz vs. Glover Teixeirav205 lbs
- Aljamain Sterling vs. Petr Yan 135 lbs
- Amanda Ribas vs. Virna Jandiroba 115 lbs
- Islam Makhachev vs. Rafael dos Anjos 155 lbs
- Alexander Volkov vs. Marcin Tybura 265 lbs
- Jingliang Li vs. Khamzat Chimaev 170 lbs
- M. Oleksiejczuk vs. Shamil Gamzatov 205 lbs
- Walt Harris vs. Tai Tuivasa 265 lbs
- Tagir Ulanbekov vs. Allan Nascimento 125 lbs
- Zubaira Tukhugov vs. Ricardo Ramos 145 lbs
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Volkan Oezdemir 205 lbs
- Yaozong Hu vs. Alen Amedovski 185 lbs
- Damir Ismagulov vs. Magomed Mustafaev 155 lbs