Nate Diaz Lashes Out at Dana White
Nate Diaz was the breakout star of 2016, taking a short-notice fight with Conor McGregor and pulling off the shocking upset, then going the distance with McGregor in their rematch. But he hasn’t fought since, and UFC President Dana White has said that Diaz has been turning down fights.
Diaz seems to have a different point of view, and is growing angry with his boss’s comments.
This fucker can’t stop making shit up about me and I haven’t been offered any fights except the one Iaughed at ???????? pic.twitter.com/7gRskEXEP9
— Nathan Diaz (@NateDiaz209) March 20, 2017
"This f*cker can’t stop making sh*t about me," Diaz wrote on Twitter, "and I haven’t been offered any fights except the one [I] laughed at."
When Diaz lost to McGregor at UFC 202, he said that he was only interested in returning for the rubber match. Since then, when asked about Diaz, Dana White has said that both Nate and his brother Nick have turned down multiple fights.
According to MMAFighting, the fight that Diaz turned down was a matchup against former lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez. After beating Diaz in August, McGregor steamrolled Alvarez at UFC 205 to become the lightweight champion.
Diaz (19-11) is ranked eighth in the lightweight division.