Oscar De La Hoya Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Woman Twice

Oscar De La Hoya has been accused of sexual assault.

The boxing legend is facing a civil lawsuit that was filed Wednesday in Los Angeles against him and his tequila brand, Casa Mexico, ESPN reported according to court documents.

A woman who is a former employee of Casa Mexico filed the suit, alleging that De La Hoya sexually harassed and sexually assaulted her on two separate occasions.

“As a survivor of this abuse, she wants others to know this behavior is unacceptable — and it doesn’t matter who you are,” the woman’s attorney, Sylvia Torres-Guillen, said in a statement. “We will seek justice on her behalf.”

The woman was not named by ESPN or other reports.

The company organized for employees to visit the brand’s distillery in March 2020. The woman said that on the first night she was awoken by De La Hoya knocking on her hotel room door with his pants down and around his ankles, the court documents say.

She claims that he forced his way into her room and went into her bed, but she pushed him out and walked him back to his room.

De La Hoya then didn’t show up to a scheduled meeting the next morning to tour the distillery, so the woman went to his room to wake him, which is when De La Hoya allegedly pulled her into his bed and sexually assaulted her.

The second incident happened when the woman returned to Los Angeles from Mexico.

She alleges that she went to a company party at a restaurant and then some people went to De La Hoya’s home afterward. The woman and De La Hoya were alone at one point, which is when she said the former boxer “revealed and retrieved a sexual object from a stored collection in his house” and “forcibly inserted the sexual object into her body.”

The woman said she told Casa Mexico executives, but they did not give De La Hoya any consequences.

“With the 24-hour news cycle we all find ourselves in, more often than not, malicious and unjust accusations are interpreted as truth without the evidence to support their erroneous claims,” De La Hoya said in a statement.

“I am confident my legal team will resolve this matter and prove my innocence.”

De La Hoya, 49, is a former six-division champion and Olympic gold medalist. He was one of the most popular boxers of his generation.

He retired in 2008 following a loss to Manny Pacquiao. He was planning to return to the ring in 2021, but tested positive for Covid-19 and hasn’t expressed interest since then. He is currently a promoter for his boxing promotion, Golden Boy Promotions.

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

buy ivermectin for humans ivermectin for sale