Pacquiao’s Plans Don’t Include Horn or Thurman
Several boxers have called out Manny Pacquiao in the wake of his WBA welterweight title win, but Pacquiao doesn’t share an interest in all of them — specifically Jeff Horn and Keith Thurman.
The 40-year-old Pacquiao bested the previously-unbeaten Thurman on July 20, dropping him early and going on to score a split decision win.
Since the win, Pacquiao has discussed opponents he would still like to face, and several boxers have called him out.
Thurman told TMZ despite his respect for Pacquiao, he thinks the fight should’ve been ruled a draw, and he encouraged Pacquiao to sign up for a rematch. Meanwhile, Jeff Horn, who controversially won the WBO welterweight title from Pacquiao in July 2017, says he has “unfinished business” with Pacquiao and thinks he can defeat the boxing icon again.
MP Promotions President Sean Gibbons, however, says Pacquiao is not considering either man for his next fight.
“Nothing to prove,” Gibbons told the Philippine Star. “[Thurman] had his shot. Game over. Horn who? Another desperate guy.”
According to Gibbons, Pacquiao is looking into facing former WBC welterweight champ Danny Garcia and former four-division world champion Mikey Garcia.
And then, of course, there’s the fight Pacquiao so desperately desires.
“We want [Floyd] Mayweather,” Gibbons said.
Pacquiao has called out Mayweather for a rematch of their successful pay-per-view, which Mayweather won by decision. Each man has claimed the other is using them and the rematch to stay relevant.
Original Story: Boxing Scene