PFL 6: Kayla Harrison Takes Out Kaitlin Young In First Round
Kayla Harrison is looking unstoppable.
Harrison (14-0) finished late substitute Kaitlin Young in the first round of PFL 6’s main event Friday night. She added a TKO finish to her resume and extended her winning streak to 14.
The undefeated two-time champion will meet Martina Jindrova next in August.
Ray Cooper III (25-8-1) destroyed Brett Cooper (28-17) in just 24 second, but it wasn’t enough for a playoff spot.
At the start of the competition, Cooper was on the verge of the playoffs and would have required six points to secure a position. But those chances were shattered only minutes before his planned cage-walk when Dilano Taylor was submitted in the first round by Magomed Magomedkerimov, earning six points in the process.
Throughout the Magomedkerimov vs. Taylor match, Cooper III was visible. He maintained the same look both before and after his playoff hopes vanished. He appeared unconcerned, and when it was time to fight, he did it without hesitation.
Cooper III blitzed the other Cooper right after the starting bell. As Brett Cooper hid, punches and knees flew down. At some point, Brett Cooper turtled and fell to the ground. The referee quickly jumped in to save him after that.
“I was going to finish him no matter what. That was my goal,” Cooper said during his post-fight in-cage interview.
In his last nine fights, Cooper III has only suffered one defeat. It is unclear what his future holds or whether he will always be under contract with PFL.
In contrast, Brett Cooper’s latest six games have seen him go 2-4.
Check out the rest of the results below:
- Kayla Harrisondef Kaitlin Young KO/TKO, 2:35 R1
- Sadibou Sydef Rory MacDonald Unanimous Dec
- Ray Cooper IIIdef Brett Cooper KO/TKO, 0:24 R1
- Magomedkerimovdef Dilano Taylor KO/TKO, 3:26 R2
- Larissa Pachecodef Genah Fabian KO/TKO, 2:39 R1
- Magomed Umalatovdef Al-Silawi KO/TKO, 3:33 R1
- Mokhnatkinadef Abby Montes Split Dec
- Martina Jindrovádef Fayzallanova KO/TKO, 4:04 R1
- Olena Kolesnykdef Vanessa Melo Unanimous Dec