Preview: UFC 264 Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier 3
All eyes are on Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier 3 showdown, highlighting the UFC 264 main event on July 10 (Saturday) at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. McGregor is the king of trash talks and pre-fight shenanigans, but what the fans are eager to see is how strongly can he come back after taking a beating by Poirier the last time he graced a UFC octagon.
Both fighters have gone traded barbs with one another, and they now look to settle the score for once and for all. No one expected the Diamond to make McGregor’s defense seem so futile the way he did at UFC 257.
With only the second round underway, Poirier got the better of the Irishman with a barrage of punches. His pressure onto McGregor was too much considering how the Diamond had crippled his movements with brutal leg kicks.
What’s interesting to look forward to is Poirier’s game plan in the third showdown. Is he going to resort to kicks again? Or will he let the fight go to the ground?
UFC 264 info
Date: July 10
Location: T-Mobile Arena — Las Vegas
Start time: 10 p.m. ET (Main card) | 8 p.m. ET (prelims) | 6 p.m. (early prelims)
How to watch: ESPN+ PPV ($69.99)
• Dustin Poirier -125 vs. Conor McGregor – lightweight
• Stephen Thompson -165 vs. Gilbert Burns – welterweight
• Tai Tuivasa -135 vs. Greg Hardy +115 – heavyweight
• Irene Aldana -120 vs. Yana Kunitskaya – women’s bantamweight
• Sean O’Malley -800 vs. Kris Moutinho – bantamweight
• Max Griffin -190 vs. Carlos Condit – welterweight
• Michel Pereira -165 vs. Niko Price – welterweight
• Trevin Giles -110 vs. Dricus Du Plessis – middleweight
• Ilia Topuria -240 vs. Ryan Hall – featherweight
• Jennifer Maia -200 vs. Jessica Eye – women’s flyweight
• Brad Tavares -165 vs. Omari Akhmedov – middleweight
• Zhalgas Zhumaglov -360 vs. Jerome Rivera – flyweight
• Alen Amedovski -150 vs. Hu Yaozong – middleweight