Promoter Frank Warren Wins Rights To Tyson Fury-Dillian Whyte Title Fight

Tyson Fury (31-0-1, 22 KOs) and Dillian Whyte (28-2, 19 KOs) finally have a projected date to fight.

Fury’s co-promoter, Frank Warren of Queensberry Promotions, ended the prolonging purse bid by winning the rights to the WBC heavyweight title fight. Warren’s promotion won with a commitment of $41 million.

Fury, the heavyweight champion, will receive 80% of the purse, amounting to $32,800,000. Whyte, the interim champion, will take home the other 20%, which totals to $8,200,000.

The other bidder was Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Boxing – Whyte’s promoter – who offered $32 million.

The battle is targeted for April 23 in the U.K and will be an ESPN PPV in the U.S. and a BT Sport PPV in the U.K., ESPN reported.

Friday’s purse bid – which was delayed four times — ends weeks of negotiations and speculation. Leading up to the auction, Anthony Joshua, a former unified heavyweight champion, was rumored to be close to accepting £15 million in step-aside money, but Joshua fired back on social media and told his followers to stop believing that “bullsh–t.”

Wednesday’s purse bid was postponed because it was revealed that Joshua and Whyte were offered step-aside deals. But, in the end, both boxers rejected it.

Joshua will face Usyk in a rematch and a mission to reclaim the belts that were once his. Fury wanted a unification fight with Usyk to get an undisputed heavyweight champion.

But that’s not happening yet.

Joshua and Usyk will also meet sometime in the spring. The winner of that could meet Fury later this year.

This will be the first time since September 2019 that Fury is fighting someone other than Deontay Wilder.

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

buy ivermectin for humans ivermectin for sale