Pulev to Joshua: ‘You Either Fight Or Vacate The Title’

Since 2017, Kubrat Pulev has been eyeing Anthony Joshua and all of his gold. Now, he is extremely close to the goal and will do whatever it takes to get Joshua’s attention.

Pulev (28-1) and Joshua (23-1) are set to fight for the latter’s WBA, IBF, WBO, and IBO Heavyweight Titles. Originally booked for June 20, the fight was postponed due to the coronavirus. Pulev’s manager stated that Eddie Hearn and Matchroom Boxing have about four weeks to pick a venue and date for the fight. Pulev does not want the bout to be canceled, telling Bad Left Hook he has been waiting for this opportunity for a long time.

“I’m hungry for a fight. I want to be the guy that holds all the world titles – the unified world champion,” Pulev stated. “I see how people are afraid of me and are trying to face someone else before me. That’s not how a real-world champion should act. Even Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield are coming back to the game to show that they are real warriors, not like him [Anthony Joshua]. A year has passed, and they always have a reason to postpone, not to fight against me.”

Since losing out on his opportunity, Pulev has beaten Hughie Fury, Bogdan Dinu, and Rydell Booker. The former European Heavyweight Champion also signed with Top Rank. The only time he lost a bout was for the IBF and lienal Heavyweight Titles at the hands of heavyweight great Wladimir Klitschko.

There are rumors of Joshua facing WBC and lineal Heavyweight Champion Tyson Fury before him. Pulev has not given up on his quest, stating the contract is signed and official, which makes it hard to break. While Joshua isn’t in charge of those plans, Pulev believes the lack of communication is a result of him avoiding Pulev. He has decided to give Joshua an ultimatum.

“There are two options,” Pulev went on to say. “You either fight or vacate the title. I realize that he is really scared of me. It seems like he is scared, and that’s why he’s trying to postpone or cancel the match.”

“We have done everything on our part. We agreed to all the conditions that Joshua’s team asked for, and now it’s up to them. I’m ready to face Joshua; it doesn’t matter where. I’m waiting for Eddie Hearn to finally make a decision where the fight is going to be and get started.”

Pulev’s manager has recommended Croatia as an area to host the fight. Hearn has plans to host events in Matchroom’s UK office. While Hearn is adamant the fight can earn a $10 million gate and not in that location, Joshua is ready to fight anywhere. Would Pulev be interested as well?

Ready for a shot at the title, Pulev is just waiting for his moment to strike.

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

buy ivermectin for humans ivermectin for sale