Rolando Romero Said He’s Going To ‘Get Gervonta Davis Again’
Rolando Romero isn’t done with Gervonta Davis yet.
Despite Davis previously saying he doesn’t think Romero deserves a rematch, Romero has insisted that he’s going to run it back with the WBA regular champion.
“As I said, I’m going to get Gervonta Davis again. I already know that. That fight’s going to happen again. Honestly, I don’t know if the shot hurt or not because I didn’t feel it,” Rolly said on social media.
Davis dropped Romero in the sixth round of the main event at the Barclays Center back on May 28. The champion had baited his challenger towards the ropes, forcing Romero to step into Davis’ power left hook that landed right on Romero’s jaw.
He fell face first into the ropes and fell to the mat.
After the fight, Romero said Davis had just caught him with “a good shot.”
“I’m going to get that fight again… I know I can fill up the MGM and I can fill up the T-Mobile. I sold out the Barclays,” Romero continued on social media.
The fight sold 275,000 pay-per-views in the U.S., reportedly generating almost $22 million in PPV revenue.
Neither Davis nor Romero have been confirmed for their next fight.