Several Fights Announced For Bellator-Rizin New Year’s Event
As we get closer to New Year’s Eve, Bellator and Rizin’s joined event continues to grow with talent. In fact, a former UFC star has left the promotion in order to fight for a title.
C.B. Dolloway, who was in the middle of a two-year suspension from USADA, has left the UFC and will now be facing Jiri Prochazka for the Rizin Light Heavyweight Title. Dolloway (17-9) was flagged by USADA after testing positive for anastrozole as well as GHRO-2 and GHRP-6 from an out-of-competition drug test. The suspension would normally end following December 2020 but RIzin does not recognize suspensions by USADA or the UFC’s anti-doping policy.
Dolloway was on a two-fight win streak before losing to Khalid Murtazaliev back in September 2018. Prochazka (25-3-1) is on a nine-fight win streak, beating Fabio Maldonado via TKO back in October.
Other bouts scheduled include a rematch between atomweight stars Lindsey VanZandt and Rena Kubota. The two met back in June at Bellator 222 inside Madison Square Garden, with the hometown VanZandt (7-2) upsetting Kubota (9-3) via submission. In addition, Satoshi Ishii, who has competed for the PFL this year, will face Jake Heun.
An important bout also taking place will be for the Rizin Bantamweight Title. Vacated by Kyoji Horiguchi due to injury, the belt will be determined by a fight between Kai Asakuta (14-1), who beat Horiguchi earlier this year, and Manel Kape (14-4), who Asakuta already has a split decision win over.
Here is the updated card for the Bellator-Rizin events:
Bellator Japan – December 29th
Fedor Emelianenko v. Quinton Jackson
Michael Chandler v. Ben Henderson
Lorenz Larkin v. Keita Nakamura
Ilara Joanne v. Kana Watanabe
Goiti Yamauchi v. Daron Cruickshank
Andy Nguyen v. Ai Shimizu
Ryuichiro Sumimura v. Jon Tuck
Haruo Ochi v. Jarred Brooks
Yusuke Yachi v. Hiroto Uesako
Kanna Asakura v. Jayme Hinshaw
Shoma Shibisai v. Sergei Shemetov
Rena Hiramoto v. Takahiro Ashida (kickboxing)
Rizin 20 – December 31st
* Kai Asakura v. Manel Kape – Rizin Bantamweight Championship
* Jiri Prochazka (c) v. C.B. Dollaway – Rizin Light Heavyweight Title
* Ayaka Hamasaki (c) v. Seo Hee Ham – Rizin Super Atomweight Championship
* Johnny Case v. Tofiq Musaev – Lightweight Grand Prix semifinal
* Patricky Freire v. Luiz Gustavo – Lightweight Grand Prix semifinal
* Yuki Motoya v. Patrick Mix
* Mikuru Asakura v. John Macapa
* Vitaly Shemetov v. Simon Biyong
* Jake Heun v. Satoshi Ishii
* Lindsey VanZandt v. Rena Kubota
* Shintaro Ishiwatari v. Hiromasa Ogikubo