Shane Burgos Unhappy With UFC 268 Performance Despite Victory

Featherweight Shane Burgos beat Billy Quarantillo via unanimous decision last Saturday at UFC 268, but he is not satisfied with his performance.

Burgos looked like a man without a plan in the opening round. The UFC featherweight acknowledged this right away in the post-fight interview.

“Like my coaches said, I was just too flat in that first round. I didn’t do the game plan whatsoever until the second and third round, which was go to the calf,” the 30-year-old said.

“I barely did it. I don’t even know if I did it. Did I even throw and frickin’ low kicks in the first round? Barely? A couple, a couple, right? It took me a while to get going and I gave that first round away. That pisses me off.”

Burgos was coming off a third-round loss to Edson Barboza at UFC 262.

He and Quarantillo put up a stellar show that was worthy of the Fight of The Night honors. Unfortunately, Michael Chandler and Justin Gaethje had already set up the bar too high earlier with their bloodied, fatal showdown that left both men limping off the cage.

“Don’t get me wrong, I knew it was a f-cking phenomenal fight,” Burgos said. “I knew it was going to be an awesome, entertaining fight.”

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More