Stevenson Promoter Wins Purse Bid

Adonis Stevenson’s return to the ring is almost set as his promoter, Yvon Michel has won the rights to the WBC battle against mandatory challenger Oleksandr Gvozdyk on Monday.

The purse bid is set at $2,100,100, will be fore a fight on November 3rd and alleged to be in Canada, where all 11 of Stevenson’s title fights have taken place.

“Adonis will attempt to defend his title for a 10th time against a well-schooled and dangerous interim champion, Gvozdyk,” Michel said. “Light heavyweight is one of the hottest divisions in boxing! This is one of the best fights that can be made and veteran champion Stevenson will show he still has all it take to handle the hot prospect Ukrainian in a very promising fight!

The initial winning bid was won by Tom Brown, who works with Premier Boxing Champions for $3,102,000, but was rescinded a half hour following the bid, per Top Rank vice president Carl Moretti.

The WBC will rule  after the July 4th holiday on the bid being rescinded. Both men  will either split $3,102,000 or $2,100,000, with 65% going to the champion, Stevenson, and the other 35% going to Gvozdyk.

Stevenson is following up a draw with Badou Jack back in May, and was rumored to be running it back, but the WBC has ordered the fight against Gvozdyk.

Initial report: The Ring

You might also like
By using our site you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Service. X


Breaking News And Highlights Around Boxing, MMA, Kickboxing, Martial Arts and more!

By signing up, you agree to comply with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.