Tai Tuivasa To Face Augusto Sakai At UFC Fight Night 198
Two big bad guys will face each other on November 20.
Tai Tuivasa will share the octagon with the No. 10 UFC heavyweight contender, Augusto Sakai, and will have his opportunity to enter in top rankings. Sakai, meanwhile, will defend his position in the top rankings against one of the heaviest bangers in the division.
A young prospect from Australia, Tuivasa, is on a three-fight winning streak in the promotion.
He defeated Stefan Struve just a second before the first-round bell via brutal KO. After that, he earned two more first-round finishes against Harry Hunsucker and Greg Hardy.
In the UFC, he fought nine times and earned six victories. He also defeated former heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski in 2018, but he suffered three losses in a row after that victory.
Sakai, a Brazilian fighter, is on a two-fight losing streak in the promotion.
He made his UFC debut in 2018 against Chase Sherman and earned a third round TKO victory.
Just like his rival, he defeated former heavyweight champion Arlovski, but via split decision.
In the UFC, he fought six times and earned four victories. He remains as the No. 10 ranked contender in the UFC rankings after suffering losses against Alistair Overeem in the late fifth round and against Jairzinho Rozenstruik just a second before the first round bell.
Both fighters have suffered losses three times in their professional MMA career, earning 11 KO victories.
The headliner will be the women’s featherweight bout between Ketlen Vieira and Miesha Tate.
In the co-main event, two grapplers Michael Chiesa and Sean Brady will share the octagon.
Here’s the rest of the card down below:
- Ketlen Vieira vs. Miesha Tate 135 lbs
- Michael Chiesa vs. Sean Brady 170 lbs
- Adrian Yanez vs. Davey Grant 135 lbs
- Joanne Calderwood vs. Taila Santos 125 lbs
- Cody Durden vs. Qileng Aori 125 lbs
- Cheyanne Buys vs. Loma Lookboonmee 115 lbs
- Terrance McKinney vs. Fares Ziam 155 lbs
- Rafa García vs. Natan Levy 155 lbs
- Azamat Murzakanov vs. Marcin Prachnio 205 lbs
- Pat Sabatini vs. Gavin Tucker 145 lbs
- Augusto Sakai vs. Tai Tuivasa 265 lbs
- Denys Bondar vs. Malcolm Gordon 125 lbs
- Jessica Penne vs. Luana Pinheiro 115 lbs
- Rani Yahya vs. Kyung Ho Kang 135 lbs
- S. Nuerdanbieke vs. Sean Soriano 145 lbs