In less than 30 seconds Skip claims Nate Diaz outweighed McGregor by 40 pounds, had 5-inch reach advantage, & used a takedown to finish him. pic.twitter.com/JZ0YVj7EbD
— Tony Fagnano (@BigToneMMA) August 9, 2017
- Skip Bayless MMA Expert: Skip Bayless is many things, and ever since the directive from Fox executives for more commentary on sports that Fox have parnerships with that are not the MLB or NFL, Bayless has become an MMA Expert. Yet, like Wille E. Coyote, Super-Genius, Bayless doesn’t have a strong showing talking the upcoming Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor fight, mainly thinking that Nate Diaz is a sumo master.
Finally signing my UFC 217 Bout Agreement vs. Michael Bisping for Nov. 4th at MSG – Get ready for a big night in NYC!!! pic.twitter.com/VgqIVnsLwv
— Georges St-Pierre (@GeorgesStPierre) August 9, 2017
- GSP returns to the UFC: For the first time since 2013, GSP will return to the cage and face off against the British born Bisping, and will fight at middleweight for the first time in his career. Bisping has had a rough week after his vacation became a nightmare and he almost drowned!
- Jon Jones couldn’t lift his arm days before his fight with Daniel Cormier: After his statement fight against Daniel Cormier, Jon Jones added another moment to an ever expanding career. Speaking on Submission Radio, JacksonWink MMA Head Coach Mike Winkeljohn alluded to this fact, saying Jones was actually injured.
- Conor McGregor and Paulie Malignaggi feud: While the battle between two of the biggest names in combat sports is brewing for August 26th. Former boxing champion and current analyst Paulie Malignaggi left as the sparring partner for Conor McGregor late last week. And ever since his departure has been railing on the current face of the UFC, in an attempt to get him to release footage of their sparring session. This comes after photos of the Brooklyn born fighter down on the mat with McGregor and referee Joe Cortez standing above him. Now, with footage coming out allegedly from McGregor, we may get our answer to the latest in a series of absurd storylines.
- Oscar De La Hoya thinks GGG and Canelo Alvarez can be greatest middlewight fight EVER: From calling out the Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor fight, to claiming the September 16th championship fight will be bigger than HAGLER Vs. HEARNS, a lot of hot takes came from the Canelo Alvarez media call this past week. Also this pretty cool promo video narrated by Ice Cube.
— Canelo Alvarez (@Canelo) August 10, 2017