- Paul Butler & Stuart Hall II: The fight is a pivotal one for both Brits. Hall is seeking redemption, not only against Butler, but against WBA champion Jamie McDonnell who he will face if he gets past Butler. And the 28-year-old Butler is fighting for the first time under his new contract with Matchroom Boxing. The event will be the biggest he’s ever been a part of.
- Mayweather/McGregor Numbers Roll In: This week we saw the preliminary numbers roll in for the amount of pay per view buys for August 26th’s matchup of Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather. And while it is alleged to be under 4.4 million, which is 200,000 than the number done by Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao. McGregor and Mayweather did beat the record for amount of money wagered on a fight in the history of Nevada, as over $62 million dollars were put on the line for the UFC star’s first time inside a boxing ring. This plus two eight foot oil paintings of Mayweather and McGregor hanging in Mayweather’s new Beverly Hills estate, means a pretty good week for both men.
- McGregor Diaz III?: It seems that the feud between Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor may finally have a conclusion… And if coach John Kavanagh has his way, it will be on St. Patrick’s day in New York City.
“If it was my choice, and I must stress that this is only my choice and that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen, it would be Nate Diaz in March… That’s what I would push towards. I have in my head that it would be a Paddy’s Day card in New York, Nate Diaz 3. I think that would be absolutely amazing. That’s what I would wish for.”
- Canelo/GGG Numbers: The preliminary numbers are beginning to take for the September 16th clash between Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin. While the T-Mobile Arena was sold out for the middleweight battle for supremacy, the fight pulled in a live gate of just over $27 million. Which is an astounding number, it only places it third all time in the state of Nevada. The only fights above Canelo and Golovkin were Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao (approx. $72.2 million) and last month’s Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor (approx. $55.5 million).On the pay-per-view side, the fight drew an alleged 1.3 million buys, which places it as the highest of Golovkin’s career by a long-shot. He has fought in two pay-per-view headliners previously, against David Lemieux and Danny Jacobs, though neither cleared 200,000 buys. Canelo has broken a million buys as recently as his last fight against Julio Cesar Chavez. These numbers are his highest since his 2013 loss to Floyd Mayweather, which cleared 2 million buys.
- Luis Ortiz fails a drug test and puts fight with Deontay Wilder in danger: Following a one-sided press conference last week, where he was unable to attend due to Hurricanes, Luis Ortiz was dealt another blow when he failed to pass a VADA drug test earlier this week. Ortiz, who failed a test in 2014 is the third opponent for Wilder in as many years to fail a drug test, and Wilder decided to unleash on his potentially ex-opponent on Friday on his personal Instagram page.
DIDN’T I TELL YOU DON’T FUCK THIS UP @kingkongboxing ⁉️ SMDH. I’m so sick of you guys fucking with me, fucking up this brave sport with this BS. If you was that scared then you should have hidden under a damn rock until the coast was clear of me! You’s want to be hard core fighters that cheat are straight up bitches, just keep fucking up this sport. I just can’t believe this is happening to me again‼️ first it was POVETKIN dirty ass then Andrzej Wawrzyk clumsy ASS AND NOW ORTIZ dumb ass but yet steadily beating his damn chest like he’s asking for a bunch of bananas 🍌 ape shit is what you are. I apologize to all the fans but I just can’t deal with this shit anymore. Over this last past year and a half I’ve lost hundreds of thousands of dollars dealing with straight scared ass grown men and I don’t think I can take much more I’m almost at my breaking point now. I had a stress break down last night and it wasn’t healthy for me. I couldn’t hold any of my emotions back and as men we don’t want to cry but it all just came out at once, while big ass vein bursting out my head. @wbcmoro if possible I still want this ape shit head on a platter. I’m well acknowledgeable that’s Otriz is taking something but I accept all responsibility that may occur in the actions of this fight. I’m really considering walking away from this sport I love so much. Like I always say “I’m the realist Champ in the business” and everything I’ve said has been true thus far so if this is it just know I’ve tried my damnedest to prove I am the best in the WORLD but other cowards have failed us into proving it I can only fight what’s in front of me and the so called best just don’t want to man up and face me. Much love to all my supporters, Hey we tried right⁉️ peace and blessings to you all and may we see each other again one day in paradise fishing. #BOMBZQUAD #TheBaddestManOnThePlanet #TheMostFearedChampionInTheBusiness