Tyson Fury-Dillian Whyte Purse Bid Delayed Again, Eddie Hearn Says Whyte Will ‘Fight For His Rights’

The WBC has given Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte some more time to strike a deal.

The purse bid between Fury and Whyte has been pushed back for the second time. Both parties now have until Friday, January 21 to strike an agreement. If they’re unable to, the purse bid will happen in Mexico City at WBC headquarters.

Due to the second delay, Eddie Hearn, Dillian Whyte’s promoter, said a March fight date doesn’t seem possible.

“People keep talking about March dates – that’s starting to look unrealistic for a fight of this magnitude,” Hearn said.

“Either March, April, early May potentially. This is the window for the fight. [It] depends what happens this week.”

Whyte is still in a legal battle with the WBC over his mandatory title shot. The interim heavyweight champion is also unhappy with the sanctioning body’s ruling of Fury walking away with 80% of the purse.

He has not fought since winning his rematch with Alexander Povetkin in March last year. Fury, on the other hand, is coming off a successful title defense in a historic trilogy fight against Deontay Wilder.

“[It] looks like Dillian Whyte will definitely get his shot at the WBC title, but we have to fight for his rights and make sure it’s fair. It’s not going to stand in the way of the fight,” Hearn said.

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

buy ivermectin for humans ivermectin for sale