Tyson Fury: I’ll Fight Bellew In May
Tyson Fury has offered to step in and fight Tony Bellew after David Haye pulled out of their heavyweight rematch, following a torn bicep.
The fight originally scheduled for December 17th was postponed on Monday following the announcement of Haye’s injury, which he suffered slipping on a flight of stairs while training.
Former unified heavyweight world champion Fury was quick to offer his services for the fight where it to take place on May 5th, one of the two proposed rescheduled dates along with March 24th.
“I just heard David Haye has pulled out against Tony “The Bell***” Bellew,” Fury said in a video posted on Instagram.
“I’ll be ready, willing and waiting to fight Tony Bellew on May 5 at The O2 in London.”
“Like I said Tony, if you want to fight a real man, the best heavyweight in the world, the heavyweight who beat everyone else, the real heavyweight champion of the world, I’m ready and waiting.”
“They call you The Bomber; I call you The Bell***.”
“It’ll be no contest, one uppercut, a seal-in job. If you think differently, prove me wrong.”
Haye lost to Bellew at the same venue earlier this year when he was stopped in the 11th round of the fight, having suffered an Achilles injury, which required surgery, earlier in the fight.