Tyson Fury Made $20M In Last Fight, Dillian Whyte Made $800K In Last Two Fights, Frank Warren Argues

For Tyson Fury’s management, they think the 80-20 split in favor of the WBC heavyweight champion is fair.

Frank Warren, Fury’s co-promoter, said mandatory challenger and interim champ Dillian Whyte got his cut of the purse based numerical figures he listed on contracts.

“The contracts that he’s lodged for his past few fights; his last one was 300,000 and one prior to that it was approximately 500,000,” Warren told IFL TV.

“Tyson’s last fight was 20 million, so it could be nothing other than an 80-20 split, and really if you look at the money that they’ve earned on their last fights it shouldn’t even be 80-20 – but it is what it is.”

Whyte had originally asked for 45% of the purse, still leaving Fury with 55%, which was declined by Fury’s management.

Whyte has been looking for a title shot for a while.

The British boxer claimed the WBC interim heavyweight champ title when he defeated Oscar Rivas via unanimous decision in 2019. He then lost it to Alexander Povetkin in August 2020 by knockout.

Povetkin and Whyte met again in March where he regained the interim belt by technical knockout.

Whyte is ranked as the world’s fifth best active heavyweight by Ring magazine.

But Fury’s management isn’t convinced Whyte deserves more than 20%.

Fury, on the other hand, is undefeated in all 31 of his fights with 22 coming by way of knockout.

Most recently, one of those knockouts came from his trilogy fight against Deontay Wilder. Fury is ranked as the world’s best heavyweight.

A purse bid is scheduled for January 11.

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

buy ivermectin for humans ivermectin for sale