Tyson Fury Says Dillian Whyte Fight Will Be ‘Easy’

Tyson Fury isn’t too worried about Dillian Whyte.

Fury, the WBC heavyweight king, takes on Whyte, the interim champion and mandatory contender, will finally meet in the ring on April 23 in the U.K. As the two begin their training camps, Fury said it won’t take much for him to take Whyte out.

“The guy’s a bum. None of these fights turn me on any more. Not one of them. It’s just a boxing match to me now. Even the Wilder fights didn’t really get me up for the fights. It’s just a boxing match these days. I don’t have any specific reason for doing it. I do it because I can and it’s easy. That’s it,” Fury said.

On Tuesday, an Instagram video showed Fury training, which sparked some fans to say he looks different than the last time he was in action in October against former WBC champ Deontay Wilder, which Fury went on to win via TKO.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by ELITE BOXING | BOXiQ (@boxiq)

Whyte, on the other hand, has been relatively quiet in regard to the mandatory matchup he argued heavily for.

The fight date was finally put into place after four purse bid delays. Fury is set to receive 80% of the purse while Whye gets the remaining 20%.

Frank Warren, Fury’s co-promoter, won the promotional rights to the title unification bout with a record $41 million bid.

Whyte has been out of action since a TKO victory over Alexander Povetkin in a rematch. He was supposed to face Otto Wallin in October, but controversially pulled out due to an injury.

Fury’s management tried to get Whyte and former unified champion Anthony Joshua to step aside and allow Oleksandr Usyk to face Fury, but both Joshua and Whyte – who are promoted by Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Boxing – declined the deals.

“[The fight will be] easy. I knock [him] out. Very easy as well. I’m going to land one of these bazookas on him and it’s going to be over,” Fury added.

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More