Tyson Fury Says He Has ‘Two To Three’ Fights Left In Him
The undefeated WBC heavyweight champion said he’s out of challenges.
Fury (30-0-1, 21 KOs) said he’s steamrolled through all the top heavyweights, and there’s not much left to do in his career.
“I’ve only got 2 or 3 fights left because there are no more challenges. They’ve all been smashed to bits,” Fury told the Overlap.
The 33-year-old’s resume of top heavyweights includes Deontay Wilder and Wladimir Klitschko.
Wilder previously warned Fury to not pull out of the upcoming bout if he wants to avoid suffering financial penalties and being stripped of his crown.
If Fury wins the upcoming showdown, he will have an undisputed matchup with Anthony Joshua, then a potential mandatory title defense against interim WBC heavyweight champion Dillian Whyte.
Fury tried chasing Joshua for a fight earlier in the year, but Wilder won an arbitration, enforcing a previously contracted third fight with Fury.
“Anthony Joshua’s fought not one heavyweight in his prime,” Fury said. “He fought Wladimir Klitschko at 42 years old, Kubrat Pulev, 40-odd, Alexander Povetkin, 40-odd. They’re all former good men. They were good men 20 years ago.”
In the same interview with The Overlap, the British boxer admitted he doesn’t think there’s anyone who can beat him.
Leading up to his upcoming fight, there’s been speculations that Fury might be withdrawing but the bout still seems to be on.
He is currently prepping for a trilogy fight against Wilder for his WBC heavyweight belt on October 9. It was delayed because he reportedly contracted Covid-19, which Wilder thinks he faked. The boxer then dealt with his newborn daughter being admitted to the ICU and kept there for days.