Tyson Fury Sends Reminder To Dillian Whyte To Sign Fight Contract

Today’s the deadline for Dillian Whyte.

And WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury made sure he reminded his upcoming opponent of the contract deadline.

“Today’s the final day for signing the contract, you big dosser,” he said.

“So get it signed, s—house, or move on.”

After a more-than-once delayed purse bid, Fury’s co-promoter Frank Warren won the promotional rights of the fight with a record bid of $41 million. It’s going to be split 80/20 in favor of Fury.

Whyte and his promoter Eddie Hearn have expressed their disagreement with the WBC ordered purse split. They have tried to make their case for at least a 70/30 split.

Last week, Fury’s U.S. co-promoter Bob Arum claimed that Whyte is delaying the process because he asked for more money to actively promote his fight against Fury, which is slated for April 23.

Arum, however, said that they are not paying Whyte anything additional.

Over the weekend, Fury claimed that Whyte was asking for more money to appear at their press conference.

Whyte has been silent in public and over social media since the purse bid delays. Fury, on the other hand, has continuously let his followers know what’s going on, typically in the form of videos filled with callouts.

Whyte has been calling for his title shot and even went into legal action with the WBC. He is the interim WBC heavyweight champion.

Fury, meanwhile, had his eyes set on a unification fight with unified heavyweight champ Oleksandr Usyk, but that didn’t happen because Whyte and former champion Anthony Joshua rejected their respective step aside deals.

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More