Tyson Fury’s Promoter Says Fight Vs. Anthony Joshua Not Completely Ruled Out
Anthony Joshua was unable to avenge his loss against WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight champion Oleksandr Usyk this past Saturday.
Joshua had expressed his anger by throwing the WBO and Ring magazines straps out of the ring. The 32-year-old could not conceal his tears during the post-fight conference.
Many boxing fanatics believe it will be difficult for Joshua to come out of that mental block and rejuvenate his career. But his long-time endemic rival Tyson Fury and his co-promoter, Frank Warren aren’t ruling out Joshua yet and feel if Joshua is able to string two or three good wins on his comeback, it can open a door for an all-British affair.
“If AJ manages to get a couple of wins under his belt — and I believe Tyson will beat Usyk — that may be a fight to be made. But AJ’s got to re-establish himself before you can even think about fights like that. He was badly exposed against Andy Ruiz Jr and the last two fights show what you need to do to beat him,” Warren told The Sun.
Warren has lamented his support for Joshua and is counting on him to make a strong comeback.
Following last week’s heavyweight blockbuster, Fury announced that he is coming back to strip Usyk of those titles.
Warren is hoping to get the right financial figures to make the fight a reality.
“The challenge is going to be meeting the financial expectations of both guys. It’s the first time for God knows how long four belts are on the line. It’s going to be all about money,” Warren said.
“They’ve seen the money offered to [LIV Tour] golfers. This is more dangerous than golf and is a unique, historic event. It’s the ultimate prize in boxing.”