UFC 268: Germaine de Randamie Is Out From Bout Against Irene Aldana
Former featherweight champion Germaine de Randamie is out from UFC 268 due to an unknown injury.
It’s unknown if there will be a replacement opponent for the matchup or if UFC is going to post-pone this battle.
De Randamie is one of the most experienced female fighters in the promotion.
She suffered a loss in the UFC twice — both against former champion Amanda Nunes. She fought nine times in the UFC and celebrated the victory in seven bouts.
She defeated fighters like Holly Holm and Julianna Pena.
Her last fight was when she defeated Pena in the third round via submission guillotine choke, and it was her first submission victory in her professional MMA career.
Meanwhile, Aldana is a true finisher.
Seven out of 13 victories are via knockout and three via submissions. Her record in the UFC includes six victories and four defeats.
The last time she fought was at UFC 264 on July 10 where she defeated Russian Yana Kunitskaya via TKO in the first round.
UFC 268 is going to take place in Madison Square Garden, New York on November 6.
MMA fans will witness two title fight rematches.
The main event is going to be a welterweight title fight between Kamaru Usman and Colby Covington. In their first battle, Usman defeated Covington via fifth round TKO.
The co-main event is going to be a title fight between newly crowned champion Rose Namajunas and the first ever Chinese champion and former UFC star weight champion Weili Zhang.
Check out the rest of the card down below:
- Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington 170 lbs
- Rose Namajunas vs. Weili Zhang 115 lbs
- Justin Gaethje vs. Michael Chandler 155 lbs
- Sean Strickland vs. Luke Rockhold 185 lbs
- Frankie Edgar vs. Marlon Vera 135 lbs
- Edmen Shahbazyan vs. N. Imavov 185 lbs
- Al Iaquinta vs. Bobby Green 155 lbs
- M. Baghdasaryan vs. T.J. Laramie 145 lbs
- A. Michailidis vs. Alex Pereira 185 lbs
- Shane Burgos vs. Billy Quarantillo 145 lbs
- Jordan Williams vs. Ian Garry 170 lbs