UFC Austin Results: Josh Emmett Wins Five-Round Bout With Split Decision Victory
UFC Austin was held Saturday night. The headlining fight was between the top contenders Calvin Kattar and Josh Emmett.
In the main event of Kattar vs. Emmett went five rounds. Emmet managed to get some good hits in, but he was unable to truly dominate the fight. In the end, two officials awarded the 145-pound fight 48-47 to Emmett, who went in as the betting underdog. A third saw it in Kattar’s favor, 48-47.
— UFC (@ufc) June 19, 2022
Another close fight was between the Georgian Viking Guram Kutateladze and Russian Damir Ismagulov. This fight went for all 3 rounds. The Georgian also landed many significant strikes, defended takedowns and won the positions, but the Russian fighter earned a split decision victory after a close third round.
“UFC — next big fight, I am ready. Top 15,” Ismagulov said after.
Kevin Holland earned another great victory, this time against Tim Means. He remains on a two match winning streak after joining the welterweight division. He showed improved takedown defense and excellent Brazilian jiu jitsu skills in addition to his Taekwondo.
Joaquin Buckley earned a TKO victory against Albert Duraev. The Russian is a dangerous fighter, but Buckley was strong enough to defend against him.
Buckley landed way more hazardous punches. After 2 rounds, the Russian could not see from his left eye, and the doctor stopped the fight.
Some of the best knockouts from the event were earned by another Georgian fighter on the card, Roman Dolidze. He was considered a massive underdog but earned a first-round KO after serving a knockdown with his right hand, and after that, KO with a knee to Kyle Bauhaus.
Phil Hawes was another fighter who earned a dominant victory. He destroyed Deron Winn, using his reach advantage, and earned a second-round KO victory.
Cody Stamman is finally on the winning streak after earning a great TKO victory against Eddie Wineland.
Ricardo Ramos, the man who signed to the UFC as one of the most dangerous BJJ fighters in his division, used his favorite spinning elbow once again. This time, he earned a spectacular KO victory in the first round against Danny Chavez
Check out all the results down below:
- Josh Emmett def Calvin Kattar Split Dec
- Kevin Holland def Tim Means Sub, 1:28 R2
- Joaquin Buckley def Albert Duraev KO/TKO, 0:10 R3
- Damir Ismagulov def Guram Kutateladze Split Dec
- Gregory Rodrigues def Julian Marquez KO/TKO, 3:18 R1
- Adrian Yanez def Tony Kelley KO/TKO, 3:49 R1
- Natália Silva def J. Jasudavicius Unanimous Dec
- Jeremiah Wells def Court McGee KO/TKO, 1:34 R1
- Ricardo Ramos def Danny Chavez KO/TKO, 1:12 R1
- Maria Oliveira def Gloria de Paula Split Dec
- Cody Stamann def Eddie Wineland KO/TKO, 0:59 R1
- Phil Hawes def Deron Winn KO/TKO, 4:25 R2
- Roman Dolidze def Kyle Daukaus KO/TKO, 1:13 R1