UFC Fight Night 204: Tom Aspinall Erases Alexander Volkov In First Round
Tom Aspinall made a huge statement in the promotion’s return to London.
Rising English prospect Aspinall took on experienced fighter Alexander Volkov in the main event of UFC Fight Night 204 on Saturday.
Tom Aspinall has ARRIVED 💪 #UFCLondon pic.twitter.com/GUVWxBCpW5
— UFC (@ufc) March 19, 2022
In the very first round, Aspinall wasted no time by submitting Volkov. He landed a great takedown and earned the victory via submission armlock.
In the co-main event, Arnold Allen earned a KO victory against veteran striker, Dan Hooker. He left no chances for Australian fighter while landing massive knees and punches.
Paddy Pimblett earned a notable submission victory after receiving serious punches. He managed to survive and earned the win via submission rear-naked choke.
Molly McCann made the crowd go wild by recording a highlight KO victory against Luana Carolina.
In the first round, she dominated, but the second round wasn’t. However, she turned the tides with a spinning elbow KO in the third round.
Ilia Topuria made some noise in the lightweight division.
It was his debut fight in that weight category. He shared the octagon with native Jai Herbert and earned a brutal KO victory in the second round.
The first round was not held according to his plans. He was dropped by a high kick and lost the round. His corner was asking him to fight on the ground, but he kept fighting on standing and earned a KO victory after landing a huge right hand.
Check the rest of the results below:
- Tom Aspinall def Alexander Volkov Sub, 3:45 R1
- Arnold Allen def Dan Hooker KO/TKO, 2:33 R1
- Paddy Pimblett def Rodrigo Vargas Sub, 3:49 R1
- Gunnar Nelson def Takashi Sato Unanimous Dec
- Molly McCann def Luana Carolina KO/TKO, 1:52 R3
- Ilia Topuria def Jai Herbert KO/TKO, 1:07 R2
- Makwan Amirkhani def Mike Grundy Sub, 0:57 R1
- Sergei Pavlovich def S. Abdurakhimov KO/TKO, 4:03 R1
- Paul Craig def Nikita Krylov Sub, 3:57 R1