The first-ever event of the UFC in Paris, France, was held on Saturday.
The event’s headliners were the first ever French interim UFC champion, Ciryl Gane, and top contender Tai Tuivasa. Gane won the “Fight of the Night” via KO/TKO in the third round.
Tuivasa sent him in a knockdown. After this knockdown, Gane stood up and landed a liver kick, and it was evident that Tuivasa was hurt, but he managed to survive and, even more, landed a counter left hook and stunned Gane.
Gane knew that his opponent’s body was hurt and kept attacking with front kicks while Tuivasa played, he was hurt several times, but still attacked with punches.
THE HOMETOWN HERO JUST TORE THE ROOF OFF THE @ACCOR_ARENA!!!! 🇫🇷
— UFC (@ufc) September 3, 2022
In the co-main event, Robert Whittaker and Marvin Vettori held a three-rounder battle. Whittaker dominated from the outside in all three rounds, landing 1-2 combinations and throwing several high kicks.
Vettori tried to wrestle several times, but could not earn any points. In the final minutes, Whittaker landed two takedowns. He won by unanimous decision.
Check out the rest of the card below:
- Ciryl Gane def Tai Tuivasa KO/TKO, 4:23 R3
- Robert Whittaker def Marvin Vettori Unanimous Dec
- N. Imavov def Joaquin Buckley Unanimous Dec
- Roman Kopylov def A. Di Chirico KO/TKO, 1:09 R3
- William Gomis def Jarno Errens Majority Dec
- Nathaniel Wood def Charles Jourdain Unanimous Dec
- Abus Magomedov def Dustin Stoltzfus KO/TKO, 0:19 R1
- Nasrat Haqparast def John Makdessi Unanimous Dec
- Fares Ziam def Michal Figlak Unanimous Dec
- B. Saint-Denis def Gabriel Miranda KO/TKO, 0:16 R2
- Cristian Quiñonez def Khalid Taha KO/TKO, 3:15 R1
- Stephanie Egger def Ailin Perez Sub, 4:54 R2