UFC Vegas 37: Brandon Jenkins Is Last-Minute Replacement To Face Zhu Rong
Brandon Jenkins is ready to make his UFC debut.
Under less than one-week short notice, Jenkins will face against Chinese fighter Zhu Rong. Dakota Bush and Rong were supposed to share the octagon, but Bush contracted Covid-19 and withdrew.
Jenkins is on a three-fight winning streak.
The last time he fought was at PFL 9 where he earned a first-round KO victory via flying knee. This is going to be his third fight in the following year. Ten out of his 15 victories are via KO/TKO, and 3 via submissions.
Rong, 21, is a true finisher just like his rival.
Eleven out of his 17 victories are via KO and four are via submissions. He is training in one of the best teams, the American Top Team, and is considered one of the most talented prospects.
He suffered a loss in his UFC debut against Rodrigo Vargas.
UFC Fight Night 192 – also called UFC Vegas 37 — is going to take place Saturday night at 7 p.m. The headlining event will be a light heavyweight bout between Anthony Smith and Ryan Spann.
Here’s the updated card for Saturday:
- Anthony Smith vs. Ryan Spann 205 lbs
- Ion Cutelaba vs. Devin Clark 205 lbs
- Mandy Böhm vs. Ariane Lipski 125 lbs
- Christos Giagos vs. Arman Tsarukyan 155 lbs
- Nate Maness vs. Tony Gravely 135 lbs
- Joaquin Buckley vs. Antônio Arroyo 185 lbs
- Tafon Nchukwi vs. Mike Rodriguez 205 lbs
- Pannie Kianzad vs. Raquel Pennington 135 lbs
- Zhu Rong vs. Brandon Jenkins 155 lbs
- Nikolas Motta vs. Cameron VanCamp 155 lbs
- Montel Jackson vs. JP Buys 135 lbs
- Erin Blanchfield vs. Sarah Alpar 125 lbs
- Impa Kasanganay vs. Carlston Harris 170 lbs
- Gustavo Lopez vs. Heili Alateng 135 lbs
- Emily Whitmire vs. Hannah Goldy 125 lbs