UFC Vegas 51: Belal Muhammad Defeats Vicente Luque In Rematch
Belal Muhammad has tasted victory once more.
Muhammad headlined UFC Vegas 51 with Vicente Luque as they shared the octagon for the second time. They first faced each other at UFC 205, where Luque earned a first-round KO victory.
But this time, the fight was different.
— UFC (@ufc) April 17, 2022
Muhammad had a great tactic against Luque.
Muhammad was changing the direction of his footwork, and it was hard for the Brazilian to catch him with a punch.
Luque did manage to serve a massive knockdown, but it was not enough to earn the victory. Muhammad mixed the striking and wrestling and won the fight via unanimous decision.
Fans witnessed only one finish on the main card, which was by Andre Fialho who knocked out Miguel Baeza.
It was his first victory in the UFC, and Baeza’s third consecutive loss.
Check out the rest of the results below:
- Vicente Luque vs. Belal Muhammad — Muhammad def. Luque by unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 49-47)
- Caio Borralho vs. Gadzhi Omargadzhiev — Borralho def. Omargadzhiev by technical decision (29-27 x3)
- Miguel Baeza vs. Andre Fialho — Fialho def. Baeza by TKO (punches) at 4:39 of Round One
- Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Yanan Wu — Silva def. Wu by unanimous decision (29-28 x2, 30-27)
- Pat Sabatini vs. T.J. Laramie — Sabatini def. Laramie by unanimous decision (30-26 x3)
- Mounir Lazzez vs. Ange Loosa — Lazzez def. Loosa by unanimous decision (30-27 x3)
- Devin Clark vs. William Knight — Clark def. Knight by TKO (elbow and punches) at 3:21 of Round Three
- Pannie Kianzad vs. Lina Lansberg — Kianzad def. Lansberg by unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
- Brandon Jenkins vs. Drakkar Klose — Klose def. Jenkins by TKO (punches) at 0:33 of Round Two
- Rafa Garcia vs. Jesse Ronson — Garcia def. Ronson by submission (rear naked choke) at 4:50 of Round Two
- Chris Barnett vs. Martin Buday — Buday def. Barnett by technical decision (30-27 x3)
- Jordan Leavitt vs. Trey Ogden — Leavitt def. Ogden by split decision (28-29, 29-28 x2)
- Sam Hughes vs. Istela Nunes — Hughes def. Nunes by majority decision (29-27 x2, 28-28)
- Alatengheili vs. Kevin Croom — Alatengheili def. Croom by TKO (punches) at 0:47 of Round One