UFC Vegas 57: Mateusz Gamrot Overcomes Arman Tsarukyan In Fight Of The Night
It was fast and packed with striking, wrestling and grappling. But in the end, only one man could win.
Mateusz Gamrot (21-1) edged Arman Tsarukyan (18-3) with a unanimous decision win after five rounds of intensity.
Gamrot, of Poland, opened the fight as a massive underdog, but increased the live betting odds after the first two rounds, though Tsarukyan did a better job and won on both judge’s scorecards.
— ESPN MMA (@espnmma) June 26, 2022
However, it was the third round where things changed.
Gamrot was the one who started shooting for a takedown. Tsarukyan could not control Gamrot on the ground, even though his takedown skills were better at the beginning.
The Polish fighter seemed to realize his chances were higher on the ground after receiving several brutal body kicks from Tsarukyan.
Gamrot had six takedowns to Tsarukyan’s one. Gamrot also landed 58% of his significant strikes to Tsarukyan’s 38%.
Gamrot won it all by unanimous decision on all three judges’ scorecards, 48-47.
“It was a very tough fight,” Gamrot said. “That was high-level MMA.”
In the co-main event, Shavkat Rakhmonov earned another submission victory – this time against Neil Magny.
He dominated on the ground for two whole rounds and finished the fight just two seconds before the second-round bell.
Magny had little to no chance as Rakhmonov finished the fight via guillotine.
Umar Nurmagomedov earned his first unanimous decision victory in the UFC. However, he dominated against prospect, Nate Maness. One of the judges scored two rounds 10-8 for Nurmagomedov.
Check out the rest of the results below:
- Mateusz Gamrot def Arman Tsarukyan Unanimous Dec
- Shavkat Rakhmonov def Neil Magny Sub, 4:58 R2
- Josh Parisian def Alan Baudot KO/TKO, 3:04 R2
- Thiago Moisés def Christos Giagos Sub, 3:05 R1
- Umar Nurmagomedov def Nate Maness Unanimous Dec
- Chris Curtis def Rodolfo Vieira Unanimous Dec
- Carlos Ulberg def Tafon Nchukwi KO/TKO, 1:15 R1
- S. Nuerdanbieke def TJ Brown Unanimous Dec
- Sergey Morozov def Raulian Paiva Unanimous Dec
- Cody Durden def JP Buys KO/TKO, 1:08 R1
- Mario Bautista def Brian Kelleher Sub, 2:27 R1
- V. Demopoulos def Jinh Yu Frey Split Dec