UFC Veteran Jason ‘Mayhem’ Miller Faces Two New Felony Charges Following Alleged Bar Fight
Jason “Mayhem” Miller faces a pair of new felony charges of assault and battery after he was allegedly involved in a bar fight in September.
The news was first reported by TMZ Sports, which says that the ex-UFC fighter was involved in a brawl outside a bar in the San Fernando Valley in California in early September. Miller allegedly punched a person who was later taken to the hospital.
Initially, the victim chose not to file charges, but after a hospital visit where he was diagnosed with broken ribs, he changed his mind, resulting in Miller being hit with charges of felony battery and felony assault.
If Miller is convicted with charges, he could find himself behind bars.
This is not the first time Miller has found himself in trouble with the law.
Miller was arrested for felony domestic violence in Los Angeles on September 10.
Miller’s girlfriend called 911 after she was allegedly involved in a physical tiff with him. She had visible marks on her face and neck when police arrived.
Miller initially resisted the arrest by hiding himself in the bathroom, but was eventually cuffed and taken into custody, the report says. Later, he was released on bail of $1.385 million.
If he is found guilty in either of the cases where he’s facing charges, he could be destined to face even stiffer penalties.
He was also previously charged with multiple felonies including first-degree burglary and attempted grand theft. The Californian pleaded not guilty when brought to trial, but was eventually sentenced to one year in jail.
Previously, he was sentenced to another one-year in prison where he was charged with felony vandalism and violating a protective order.
Miller last fought in the octagon in 2016 where he was choked by Mattia Schiavolin in the second round at Venator FC 3.
He made his professional MMA debut in 2001 and has enjoyed good success over the course of his career.