Umar Nurmagomedov Tapped For January UFC Fight Night Bout
He last fought in June.
Umar Nurmagomedov has his next fight.
The younger cousin of Khabib Nurmagomedov will return for the first time in over six months – by then — to face Raoni Barcelos on January 14, 2023, MMA Junkie reported. Nurmagomedov’s manager Ali Abdelaziz publicly acknowledged the matchup.
The UFC Fight Night event, which will be headlined by Kelvin Gastelum vs. Nassourdine Imavov, will mark Nurmagomedov’s fourth fight under the UFC banner.
The 26-year-old finished his first two opponents – Sergey Morozov and Brian Kelleher – and defeated Nate Maness in June by unanimous decision.
Barcelos is just a few years into the UFC, but has already defeated six opponents and currently has a 6-2 record in the UFC, but 17-3 in MMA overall.
Here’s the projected fight card:
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Nassourdine Imavov
- Raoni Barcelos vs. Umar Nurmagomedov
- Jarno Errens vs. David Onama
- Carlos Hernandez vs. Allan Nascimento
- Geoff Neal vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov
- Jimmy Flick vs. Jeff Molina
- Raquel Pennington vs. Ketlen Vieira
- Daniel Argueta vs. Isaac Dulgarian
- Dan Ige vs. Damon Jackson