Delante Johnson bested his Kazakhstan opponent Ablaikhan Zhussupov to reach the last eight of the men’s welterweight quarterfinals. He won against the southpaw rival 4-1 via split decision. This was an easy win for the US prospect as compared to his last split-decision victory over Argentina’s Brian Augustin Arregui.
The Cleveland native lost the opening round, but then controlled the rest of the fight to march onto the quarterfinals.
Oshae Jones has sealed a spot in the women’s welterweight quarterfinals after trouncing Mexico’s Brianda Cruz 3:2 on judges’ scorecards.
Here Are The Boxing Results On Day 4 of the Tokyo Olympics
• Roniel Iglesias (Cuba) def. Sewonrets Okazawa (Japan)
• Delante Johnson (United States) def. Ablaikhan Zhussupov (Kazakhstan)
• Eskerkhan Madiev (Georgia) def. Shadiri Bwogi (Uganda)
• Hussein Iashaish (Jordan) def. Julio Cesar Castillo (Ecuador)
• Abner Teixeira (Brazil) def. Cheavon Clarke (Great Britain)
• Julio la Cruz (Cuba) def. Elly Ochoa (Kenya)
• Enmanuel Reyes Pla (Spain) def. Vassiliy Levit (Kazakhstan)
• Shih-yi Wu (Chinese Taipei) def. Agnes Alexiusson (Sweden)
• Mira Potkonen (Finland) def. Maiva Hamadouche (France)
• Oshae Jones (United States) def. Brianda Cruz (Mexico)
• Maria Moronta (Dominican Republic) def. Myriam da Silva (Canada)
• Alcinda Panguana (Mozambique) def. Elizabeth Akinyi (Kenya)
• Hong Gu (China) def. Baison Manikon (Thailand)