Venue Change & Undercard For Ryan Garcia vs. Luke Campbell Revealed
The venue change and undercard for Ryan Garcia vs. Luke Campbell have been revealed.
Garcia vs. Campbell will take place on January 2. The bout has been moved to the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. It had been reported by former ESPN reporter Steve Kim that the fight would be moved to Texas prior to an official announcement.
Here’s what Golden Boy’s Oscar De La Hoya had to say on the venue change in a press release.
“Boxing is a sport that reaches all corners of the map; after nearly a year at home what better way to bring in 2021 than with a card full of champions, contenders and prospects from all over the world? They say that everything’s bigger in Texas, so I couldn’t think of a better place to welcome the newest superstar in boxing.”
Take a look at the undercard for Garcia vs. Campbell (via Bad Left Hook).
Ryan Garcia vs. Luke Campbell Undercard
- Rene Alvarado (32-8, 21 KO) will defend his WBA secondary “world” (“regular”) junior lightweight title against Roger Gutierrez (24-3-1, 20 KO)
- Felix Alvarado (35-2, 30 KO) will defend his IBF junior flyweight title against former 105-pound titlist DeeJay Kriel (16-1-1, 8 KO)
- Franchon Crews-Dezurn (6-1, 2 KO) will face Ashleigh Curry (8-13-4, 1 KO) in an eight-round fight (Crews-Dezurn won’t be defending her super middleweight belts)
- Raul Curiel (8-0, 6 KO) will meet Ferdinand Kerobyan (14-1, 9 KO) in a 10-round welterweight clash
- Blair Cobbs (14-0-1, 9 KO) will take yet another sideways step in a 10-round welterweight fight against veteran Issouf Kinda (18-5, 7 KO), who hasn’t won a fight since 2016 and has only fought once since 2017
- Ryan’s brother Sean Garcia (5-0, 2 KO) will also be in action in a six-round lightweight fight
- Bantamweight Asa Stevens will make his pro debut in a four-rounder