After months of questioning its status, it appears that GLORY Kickboxing is back and under new management!
Via a release, the promotion announced a series of events that will be taking place throughout the remainder of the year. Additionally, the promotion will be set to return under a new management group.
“The organization has emerged from the corona cloud into a leaner, more efficient organization, able to react quickly and actually operate in these times which are the most challenging ever faced by sports and entertainment companies worldwide. The new ownership group looks forward to being able to continue bringing the absolute best stand-up combat to fans and media partners around the world, it’s once again time for GLORY” said Scott Rudmann, Executive Vice-Chairman.
Earlier this year, it was reported that the promotion filed for bankruptcy. This comes after Chief Executive Officer Marshall Zelaznik, who was instrumental in creating UFC FIGHT PASS, which was eventually the home of GLORY, handed in his resignation this past May.
Later reports stated that GLORY had gone into receivership. The promotion has since announced a corporate restructuring plan. Assets of the organization have been purchased by a new group of owners based out of the United Kingdom. Pierre Andurand will continue as Chairman while Scott Rudmann will stay on as Executive Vice-Chairman. Additional news regarding roles include:
- Robbie Timmers taking the role as Head of Talent Operations
- Bill Borson staying as Head of Production and Operations
- Jon Martone will be Head of Partnerships and Marketing
- Cor Hemmers will remain as a Senior Advisor and Kickboxing Ambassador. It was previously reported that he and Remon Daalder (GLORY Scouting Officer) were fired from their roles.
The promotion’s last event was GLORY 75 back in February. After that, COVID-19 forced action to be halted. Thanks to complying with health and safety guidelines, there will be 200 fans allowed to an event in Amsterdam per night. The following events and fighters have been announced:
GLORY 76 – October 2 – Haanger 2
- Yousri Belgaroui, Matej Penaz, Ertugrul Bayrak, and Ulric Bokeme will be competing in a four-man middleweight contender tournament. The winner will face off against GLORY Middleweight Champion Alex Pereira.
- Nordine Mahieddine, Junior Tafa, Luke Whelan, Mohamed Hendouf, Alim Nabiyev, and Eyevan Danenberg.
GLORY 77 – October 3 – Haanger 2
- GLORY Welterweight Champion Cedric Doumbe defending his title against an opponent TBD.
- Harut Grigorian v. Yoann Kongolo
- Tyjani Beztati v. Itay Gershon
- Antonio Plazibat, Arkadiusz Wrzosek, D’Angelo Marshall, and Martin Pacas
- GLORY is planning a huge December event featuring fighters from all over. Fighters on the card will include Rico Verhoeven, Badr Hari, and Jamal Ben Saddik.
- Four titles will also be on the line.
Ticket holders who purchased GLORY 76 Antwerp and GLORY 77: Badr vs Benny events will be issued a voucher and can use the credit for the upcoming events. A refund will also be offered if fans cannot attend the shows.
Founded in 2012, GLORY has been shown on Spike (now Paramount Network), ESPN, and FIGHT SPORTS to gain a following in the United States