Where To Watch: Kayla Harrison Vs. Kaitlin Young Tonight
Kayla Harrison returns for her second fight of the year.
The two-time PFL champion will take on Kaitlin Young in the main event, who stepped in on short notice for Julia Budd.
Harrison has gone undefeated in all 13 of her fights thus far. When Budd pulled out due to injury, Harrison said she was disappointed because she was looking forward to challenging herself against a former Strikeforce and Bellator champion.
Still, Harrison reassured fans that her fight with Young will be a good one.
Young will be fighting for the first time this season. She is on a two-fight losing streak, most recently losing to Budd by unanimous decision in October 2021 and, before that, Mariana Morais by split decision in June 2021.
Rory MacDonald will fight Sadibou Sy in the co-main event.
The former Bellator champion is the top welterweight of the promotion and a finish of Sy would guarantee a playoff spot.
Sy is 1-1 in his last two fights. He last defeated Nikolay Aleksakhin by split decision in May. Before that, he lost by unanimous decision to Magomed Magomedkerimov.
Here’s the fight card, where and when to watch:
- Kayla Harrison vs. Kaitlin Young
- Rory MacDonald vs. Sadibou Sy
- Brett Cooper vs. Ray Cooper III
- Magomed Magomedkerimov vs. Dilano Taylor
- Larissa Pacheco vs. Genah Fabian
- Jarrah Al-Silawi vs. Magomed Umalatov
- Marina Mokhnatkina vs. Abigail Montes
- Martina Jindrova vs. Zamzagul Fayzallanova
- Helena Kolesnyk vs. Vanessa Melo
Date: July 1
Time: Prelims 6 p.m. ET, Main card 8 p.m. ET