WWE, WWE Champions To Help Promote Katie Taylor Vs. Amanda Serrano Fight
The WWE is lending a hand to this weekend’s historic title fight between Katie Taylor and Amanda Serrano.
Raw women’s champion Bianca Belair and former champion Becky Lynch are serving as captains for Team Serrano and Team Taylor, respectively, as the two teams will promote boxing’s first-ever female main event on their respective social medias.
Boxing Scene confirmed this deal has been in the making for months.
Each team consists of five WWE stars — including the captains — who aim to boost the fight across all digital platforms.
Team Serrano includes:
- Charlotte Flair, the reigning SmackDown Women’s Champion and daughter of WWE legend Ric Flair
- Alexa Bliss, the first woman to win both the SmackDown and Raw Women’s titles
- Queen Zelina, a former WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion, who is also Puerto Rican
- Damian Priest, a New York City-based wrestler who was raised in Dorado, Puerto Rico
Team Taylor includes:
- Sheamus, the first Irish world champion in WWE history
- Finn Balor, who hails from Taylor’s hometown of Bray, Ireland and is quickest wrestler in WWE history to win a world title
- Shayna Baszler, the longest combined reigning NXT champion
- Sasha Banks, part of the current WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions
The WWE itself will also push out the event throughout fight week in front of their combined following of more than 167,400,000.
Lynch and Belair will also be at Friday’s final weigh-in. A replica of Belair’s Raw Women’s Championship title will be awarded to the winner of the fight.